Trespa® TLP Work Surface Specification
Fabricated and Supplied by:
Total Laboratory Solutions
Scottsdale, AZ USA
- 1" thick (25 mm) (industry standard)
- 3/4" thick (20 mm)
- 5/8" (16 mm)
- 1/2" (12.5 mm)
Edges and Corners: Exposed work surface edges and corners, except as indicated, shall be furnished with:
- 1/8" (3.175 mm) machined beveled top edge with blended bevel corners
- 3/16" (4.76 mm) machined radius top edge with blended radius or bevel corners
Surface: Work surfaces shall be furnished as:
- Flat only with finished exposed edges (Industry Standard)
- Flat with 1/4" (6 mm) raised marine edge on designated edges, field applied.
- Flat with 1/4" (6 mm) marine edge only at epoxy sink locations, field applied.
Backs and Side Splashes:
- Supplied loose, cut to size, for field application in the same material and thickness as countertops. Curbs as installed shall be 4" high (100 mm) typical, unless otherwise indicated on drawings. Backsplash and return side splash curbs will be bonded to the tops at the jobsite with epoxy resin adhesive. Include top mounted end curb where worksurfaces abut walls, fume hoods, and locations detailed on drawings.
- Black (industry standard) - Code: T 90.0.0
- Slate Gray (New - Similar to Graphite Gray Epoxy) - Code: T 70.0.0
- Silver Gray - Code: T 03.4.0
- Mystic White - Code: T 18.0.1
- Regular White - Code: T 03.0.0
- Pastel Grey - Code: T 03.1.0
SINKS AND ACCESSORIES SECTION:
- Lipped Drop-In - DURATOP® Epoxy Sinks: See Website for Model Numbers.
Description: Integrally molded from filled thermosetting cast epoxy resin, and oven cured. Nominal wall thickness of 1/2" (12.5 mm) and overall rim width of 3/4" (19 mm) per edge. All interior corners are coved to 1-1/2" (38 mm) radius and bottoms pitched to the outlet opening. a. Lipped Drop-In Sinks shall be installed with the top edge of the sink rim positioned 1/8" (3.175 mm) below the work surface into a rabbeted or rebated ledge, with a 30° bevel from the top of the worksurface to the top of the sink lip. The sink joint shall not exceed 1/8" (3.175 mm) plus or minus 1/16" (1.58 mm). b. Sealant: Join work surface and sinks with a 2-part epoxy grout adhesive. c. Sink Color: Black, Graphite Gray, Light Gray, Forest Green, Powder Blue, Platinum Grey, Pearl gray, Sand Tan, Navy Pacific Blue or Bright White to match or contrast with adjacent work surfaces of Trespa Top Lab Plus solid phenolic.
- Under Counter Mount - DURATOP® Epoxy Sinks: See Website for Model Numbers.
Description: Integrally molded from modified thermosetting epoxy resin, and oven cured. Nominal wall thickness of 1/2" (12.5 mm) with all interior corners coved to 1-1/2" (38 mm) radius and bottoms pitched to the outlet opening.
a. Undercounter mounted sink shall be installed from underside of countertop.
b. Join work surface and sink with a 2-part epoxy grout adhesive or with a lab grade silicone
c. Sink supports, hanging systems or other rod supports required - See below #9.
d. Sink Color: Black, Graphite Gray, Light Gray, Forest Green, Powder Blue, Platinum Grey, Pearl gray, Sand Tan, Navy Pacific Blue or Bright White to match or contrast with adjacent work surface of Trespa Top Lab Plus solid phenolic.
ACCESSORIES - Supplier - Total Laboratory Solutions
- Sink Outlets or Wastes:
a. Molded Polyethylene (industry standard) Model # EF-PPSW-85
b. Sink outlets shall accommodate a plastic disc strainer. Provide outlet with 3 5/16" (84.14 mm) outlet flange ring, 3 5/16" (84.14 mm) mechanical washer and nut assembly and 1.5" (38 mm) I.D. NPSM threads. Unit to be up to 4" (100 mm) in length.
c. Outlet Color: Black
- Sink Overflows:
a. Molded polyethylene (industry standard) Model # EF-PPWT-158
b. Sink overflows shall have an open intake located at least 2" (50 mm) lower than the sink rim when installed. The overflow base shall taper to fit all 1.93" (49 mm) outlet openings.
c. Overflow Color: Black
- Sink Stoppers:
a. Molded polyethylene (industry standard) Model # EF-PPPG-150 b. Sink stopper to block drainage of water through the 1.5" (38 mm) drain hole.
c. Stopper Color: Black
- Epoxy Adhesive:
a. Two part chemical resistant adhesive Model # Smooth-on Adhesive PC-3
b. Part's "A" Resin and Part's "B" Hardener mixed 1 to 1 ratio
c. Epoxy Adhesive Color: Black - Other colors available as required.
- Bottle Traps:
a. Molded Polyethylene (industry standard) Model # EF-PPBT-190 b. Size 1.57" to 4.00" (40 to 100 MM) adjustable Inlet bottle trap, with integrated 1.5" (38 mm) NPSM threads.
c. Bottle Trap Color: Black
- Polyethylene Cup sinks:
a. Molded Polyethylene Cup sinks (industry standard) Size: Nominal 3" x 6" (76 mm x 152 mm)- Oval Model # EF-PPCS-176 Size: Nominal 3" x 9" (76 mm x 228 mm)- Oval Model # EF-PPCS-248 Size: Nominal 6.77" (172 mm) - Round Model # EF-PPCS-172
a. Flush mounted cup sinks shall be Polyethylene. Cove inside corners and pitch bottom to integral 1-1/2" (38 mm) NPSM threaded outlet.
b. Surface mounted cup sinks shall be Polyethylene. Cove inside corners and pitch bottom to integral 1-1/2" (38 mm) NPSM threaded outlet.
c. Cup sinks color: Black
- Steel Sink Supports, Epoxy Powder Coated: Available 57" length for field modification to sink cabinet dimensions.
Epoxy Powder Coated system, corrosion resistant, with the following components:
a. Two each face plates 19 1/2" Long x 5" Wide (495 mm x 127mm)
Six each screw holes for attaching to side walls of sink base cabinets, 3 per long edge
Twenty holes (10 per side) for connection to adjustable "J" hooks
b. Four each "J" hooks, 16" (406 mm) long x 1/4" (6 mm) diameter x 3 1/2" Hook (88 mm)
c. Two each Steel "C" Shaped support rods, 2 1/8" Wide (54 mm) x Length required of cabinet opening. Two Holes (one per end) to receive adjustable "J" hook, Nut and washer assembly.
A. Laboratory Shelving: Provide solid phenolic laboratory shelving as indicated. Shelving shall be chemical resistant TopLab Plus in 1/2"; 5/8"; 3/4" or 1" thickness.
B. Pegboards / Drying Racks: Provide solid phenolic pegboards as indicated. Pegboards shall be TopLab Plus in 1" thickness, with stainless steel drip tray and poly pegs.
C. Reagent Racks: Provide solid phenolic reagent rack as indicated. Reagent racks shall be TopLab Plus in 3/4" or 1" thickness.
D. Window Sills: Provide solid phenolic window sills as indicated. Window sills shall be chemical resistant TopLab Plus in 1/2"; 5/8"; 3/4" or 1" thickness.
1. Basis of Design: Trespa TopLab Plus - Laboratory Grade by Trespa. Refer to Finish
Legend on Drawings.
1a. Supplier and fabricator - Total Laboratory Solutions - Scottsdale, AZ 85266
Email: Sales@PhenolicResinLabs.com; Ph: 480.488.6421
1. Subject to compliance with requirements of the specified product, in function, design, performance, material properties, construction, and installation methods, equivalent products may be incorporated to the Work.
2. Substitutions: Refer to Section 012500.
2. Solid phenolic flat panels based on 30% thermosetting resins homogenously reinforced with 70% wood fibers and manufactured under high pressure and temperature to form a composite panel.
1. Thickness: 25 mm (1")
2. Finish: Crystal Smooth Finish
3. Exposed edge Finish: 3 mm (1/8") bevel (3mm).
4. Backs and Side Splashes: Supplied loose, cut to size, field applied in the same material and color as countertops. Curbs as installed shall be 100 mm (4") high typical, unless otherwise indicated on drawings. Backsplash and return side splash curbs shall be bonded to tops at site with two part epoxy resin adhesive PC-3. Include top mounted end curb where work surfaces abut walls, cabinets, fume hoods, and locations as detailed on Drawings.
5. Maximum length without seam, up to 2464mm (97").
6. Drip grooves of 3 mm (1/8") depth, 3 mm (1/8") wide and set back 12.7 mm (1/2")
on underside at front of exposed edges.
7. Color: Black T90.0.0 Industry Standard.